Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Tim Holtz February "Tag" - 12 Tags of 2016

12 Tags of 2016 - February

This is my second time following along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags.  I was so fortunate to have my tag selected last month.  My new little blog got record traffic that day!  I was so thrilled and honored.  Thanks to those of you who visited and left kind comments.

This month's remix is stencil monoprint and embossed paste.  You can see Tim's tag here.  When I first saw him use the monoprint  technique on his tag back in June, 2014, I loved it and wanted to try it, but never did.  Since committing to follow along and create with this years tags, I was excited to finally try it.  I didn't make a tag this month, but a card instead.  

Here is my card:

I knew I wanted to make a St. Patrick's Day card. 


I started by printing the Irish Blessing in Microsoft Word several times so that it filled the page.  I then printed it on cardstock using a laser printer because I planned to foil it.  Using a clip art shamrock as a template, I cut out the shape from the printed cardstock.


I covered the shamrock with foil and sent it through the Heidi Swapp Minc machine.


I love the look that the foil gave the shamrock.



For the monoprint, I used the Tim Holtz Burlap stencil.  I inked it with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and pressed it to a 5 1/5" square piece of cardstock.  For the embossed Texture Paste, I used the Tim Holtz Zigzag stencil.  I used the stencil to apply paste to various locations on the cardstock.  While the embossing paste was still wet, I added some gold embossing powder. I waited for the Texture Paste to dry and then heated the embossing powder with my heat tool.





For the sentiment, I used the word "lucky" from the Tim Holtz ShadowPress debossing folder set, "Authentic".  To apply ink, I used the ShadowPress station and applied Peeled Paint Distress Ink using a Ranger small ink brayer.


I sent it through my Vagabond using On The Edge cutting pads.  These smaller cutting pads made it easier to keep the cardstock in place without sliding around.



I got a little ink where it didn't belong, to the left of the debossed word, but that part will be cut off on the finished card.


It was time to assemble my card.  I inked the edges of the shamrock, the card stock square, and the "lucky" sentiment with Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks.  I sewed the cardstock to a piece of Peeled Paint Core'dinations Distress cardstock.  I tied a piece of seam binding around the card and tied a bow.  I added the shamrock and the sentiment to the front of the card with foam tape.  
I printed "Happy St. Patrick's Day" using Microsoft Word and cut it out using the smallest tag in the Sizzix Framelits Die Set, matted it with a piece of Peeled Paint cardstock and tied it onto the shamrock with a little bit of twine.  I added the card front to a 5 1/2" square Kraft card.



 I thought it was done and then I remembered I had just received some of Tim's metal heart charms.  I don't know how I never had purchased these before, I just love them!  They will be used on many of my future projects.  

I hope you enjoy my card.


Thank you very much for stopping by my blog!





2 comments:

  1. I love this. Using the Minc really add that extra special touch. Congrats on being chosen last month. Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this too!! I wanna craft!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.