Saturday, January 30, 2016

Valentine Candy Box

Candy Box with Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit


I finally received my Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit yesterday, featuring the stamp set, "Hello, Beautiful", as well as papers and embellishments from Crate Paper "Hello Love" and a set of little heart dies that I will use over and over.  I have been seeing so many amazing projects using it on social media and it was killing me that I didn't have it.  I am so happy it arrived so that I can create with it! 

Here is a picture of the kit:

Those ombre stickers are my favorite but I didn't use the on my first project.  I decided to make a Valentine treat box.  I previously purchased some plastic tab-top boxes from PaperMart.  If you haven't discovered PaperMart, you have to check it out.  You will usually have to purchase items in bulk, but they have options to purchase a smaller quantity (10-20) if you don't need 200.  Great option.  I bought these boxes.  They were out of the smaller ones so I purchased the 4 1/2" X 7" boxes and they turned out to be a great size.  I filled mine with candy, but they are big enough for baked goods as well.  Here are some pictures of my completed project:




I used some papers from the Crate Paper "Hello Love" 6X6 paper pad, as well as some of the epoxy stickers.  To fit the box, I cut the papers down to 4 1/4" wide.  I scored it at 3" and 5".  I used Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders to cut a decorative edge.  I then cut a piece of solid pink card stock to 4 1/4" X 6 1/2" and adhered it to the short side.  I distressed all of the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink (my favorite for distressing).  I added a little adhesive to the bottom and inserted it into the box.

I blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock and used Sizzix Tim Holtz Tag Framelits to cut a tag.  I stamped a sentiment on it from the stamp set. I also cut a tag from a piece of the patterned paper and layered it with the inked tag and added a piece of twine. I used Peacock Feathers Distress stain to stain a piece of Tim Holtz Crinkle ribbon.  I added it to the top of the box using a couple of holes I punched through the plastic.  I was having trouble getting the glue to stick to the plastic, so this worked out the best for me.  I tied the twine from the tag onto the ribbon and added the bow.

I'm happy with how it turned out.  I made a few other boxes, using supplies from my Valentine's Day craft "arsenal".  Here is a picture of the others.  The photo quality is not that great, but I think you get an idea of how they look:


I hope you enjoy!  Thank you for visiting my blog!
I am entering this project in that Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is "Anything Goes".  This is my first time participating in this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! and love the blog! thank you for sharing your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute Amy! Thanks for the heads up on where to get the cool goodie boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.