Saturday, January 16, 2016

Ranger Alcohol Ink with Yupo Paper

Ranger Alcohol Ink with Yupo Paper


Hello!  Welcome back to my blog.  I am still trying to figure this out.  I have visited so many incredible blogs and I can only hope that mine will become something that people visit for inspiration and ideas.

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the CHA Mega Show this year.  There were so many amazing projects which were very inspirational.  I was also able to watch some interesting demo's.  In one such demo, Tim Holtz was using a new Ranger Ink product called Yupo paper.  Yupo is a synthetic paper that has been around in the artist arena for a while, but Ranger Ink will be offering it in a smaller size, perfect for card makers.  Tim demonstrated how Yupo paper can be used with Alcohol Inks.  Using Alcohol Inks on Yupo is similar to using them on glossy paper but much, much better.  It was pretty amazing to watch Tim play with the different colors.  Yvonne Blair took some video of the demo and Zoe Hillman was kind enough to post it to her blog.  You can watch the video here.

Although Ranger Ink will be releasing the card-sized Yupo paper shortly, I couldn't wait to play with it.  I went to my local Art Supply shop and picked up a pad.  I used various pinks and purples of Alcohol Ink and started creating my background.  Another trick Tim demonstrated was using a stencil with Blending Solution.  I used two stencils and tried to duplicate his results.  I clearly need more practice with it, but I am happy with the texture that I was able to achieve.


I took a few pictures of the process of making a few Valentine's Day cards.  I started by dabbing various red Alcohol Inks on an ink blending tool with a felt applicator.  I pounced the tool on the paper.  It was amazing to see the ink blend and react.

I then took the Tim Holtz Scribbles stencil and covered the paper.  I then applied a small amount of Blending Solution on with a foam applicator.


Another technique Tim demonstrated was a resist with Archival Ink.  On another piece of inked Yupo, I stamped a background stamp with Archival Ink and immediately wiped it off, taking off some of the Alcohol Ink.


I cut this piece up to make a mosaic card front.  I arranged the pieces and then used Press and Seal to pick them up and apply adhesive to the back.


Here is my completed card:

Additional supplies used:

I used the leftover pieces to make this mosaic heart:
Supplies used:

Since I couldn't stop playing with the Yupo and Alcohol Inks, I made two more cards.  The first card is from the piece using the Scribbles stencil.


Supplies used:
Dies: Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz Celebration Words: Script
Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz Mini Tattered Florals
Hero Arts Valentine and Three Hearts

I am entering the last card in the Emerald Creek Dare challenge to use a new product.
Thanks for visiting and being patient with me while I learn how to improve my "newbie" blog!


9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Yay! I'm so excited you entered and started blogging. Can't wait to see all of the wonderful things you will create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim. I appreciate your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!! So pretty! Great blogging so far! I can't wait to get more idea's and learn more techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards!! The alcohol inks on the yupo paper are gorgeous! Another new technique I need to try! thank you for sharing with us over at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge!!
    Cathy - DT Member at Emerald Creek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. It was really fun to see the way the alcohol inks reacted on the Yupo paper. I'll be trying this again.

      Delete
  5. How lovely! I am very excited to try this Yupo Paper now that I have seen your gorgeous cards! Thank you so much for sharing one of your lovely cards at Emerald Creek Dares.
    {julia} Emerald Creek DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Julia. I am excited to see how people use the Yupo paper on cards.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.