Thursday, January 14, 2016

Where I Create

Where I Create


This is my first post.  I'm excited to start blogging.  I have wanted to create a blog for a while now, but I still have a lot to learn, so please bear with me as I travel through the process.

I thought I would start out by showing you where I create.  When my oldest son joined the US Navy and left for Boot Camp a few years ago, I converted his room into a space that I could use for my creating.  I love paper crafting and mixed media, but I have also dabbled in mosaic, jewelry making, and knitting.  I needed a place to store all of the supplies I had accumulated over the years, as well as a place to work on my various projects.  The configuration has changed over the years, but I think I finally have it set up in a way that best suits my crafting needs at this point.  I sometimes go through my supplies and purge what I don't need, but not often enough.  Looking at the pictures, it looks a little cluttered!  Maybe it is time for another purge!

Here is a picture from the door.  It is an average size bedroom.  Please excuse the 70's rust-colored carpet.

Here are a few close ups.  Most of my shelves are Expedit bookshelves from Ikea (I think they are called "Kallax" now).  I have a few of my projects displayed above.  



Below is a picture of my desk.  It was made with a large piece of wood balanced between two short Expedit shelving units.  I have my Sizzix Vagabond on a Raskog utility cart from Ikea.  I put a piece of wood inside to raise it high enough so the doors lay flat when they are opened.  I sure have my eye on that new cart that Tim Holtz just released with Storage Studios.  It would be perfect for my Vagabond.



 My husband built a shelving unit for my ink pads.

Most of my organization is inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  Immediately to the left of my desk, I have all of my non- wood mounted stamps in stamp pockets, stored in plastic bins.  I also have my embossing powder stored in small plastic containers.  

My Sizzix/Tim Holtz Steel Rule Dies are stored in the white storage unit to the right of my desk.  They fit perfectly in the pull out drawers.  

I store details of all my "inventory" of stamps, dies, stencils and embossing folders in an application called Evernote.  It has really helped me keep track of what I have and ideas for using each item. I can access it from my phone or my laptop.  I will share more about that in a future post.


Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.