Monday, January 18, 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016

Happy Monday!  Thank you for stopping by my blog.  

This past weekend, I was able to spend several hours in my craft room.  I decided to try one of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags.  This will be my first time participating.  This year, Tim is doing a "technique remix" with his monthly tags.  He is going to use two previously demonstrated techniques on each month's tag.  You can read all about it on his blog here.

I've been feeling a little "Valentines-y" (despite the fact that some of my Christmas decorations are still up--eeeep!) so I thought I would do some Valentine tags with his two remixed techniques: Industrious Metal and Chalkboard.  I used the Tim Holtz Valentine Blueprint Stamp and the Collage and Dot Matrix Texture Fades.  Here are the tags I created.

I didn't have any metal foil tape sheets but I did find a roll of foil tape on my husband's work bench so I thought I would give it a try.  I rolled the foil tape on a piece of card stock and embossed it with the Texture Fades.  I could have put the tape directly on the tag but I didn't think of that until it was too late.  I then added some black Distress Paint and let it dry for a bit.  I used a paper towel to rub off some of the paint.  You can find Tim's tutorial here


I then used Tim's blackboard technique (tutorial here) to stamp three of the images from the stamp set.  I stamped them out twice and cut out the main image to layer on my tag.

I adhered all of the pieces together and added a few red touches.  Here are some close ups of the tags.





Thank you for visiting my blog!



9 comments:

  1. I went with a Valentine's them as well for my Tim's tag this month - love all 3 of yours - with the touches of red on the arrows and twine wrapped round the card! Great thinking using the tape for the foil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Amy! Love your Valentinesy take on the remix. I love Valentines stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great use of Tim's chalkboard/industrious techniques on these gorgeous valentines tags. The red just pops against the black, white and silver. Amazing makes (and very creative use of your husbands foil tape :) ). Congrats on your win over on Tim's blog!!!!! Well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job..love the pop of red

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy Tim picked your tags for winners, because they are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great tags! Congrats! Maria ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all amazing. For first timers you girls are rocking this. Way to go and congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.